Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Themed Weekend

This was a weekend of themed parties, I guess people went a little crazy with the first real weekend back. The first night was a "hoedown throwdown" that I dressed up for an ended up never making it to. I went to pregame with a few friends and by the time we got to the party, there was a line out the door to get it. We decided it wasn't worth it and went to an apartment instead, which ended up being a great time so everything worked out in the end.


The next day I went out for an 8.47 mile run. It was a great run and I went outside my normal route to run near this lake that I found back in the summer. I took a whole video of it that I was going to post, but as I watched it I realized that my camera work was a little too shaky and the entire content was a little too boring, so I opted out of posting it. I basically ran and talked about nothing.

The next night was a "Jersey Shore"-themed party at ZBT (Zeta Beta Tau), a fraternity a friend of mine is close with. We poofed our hair, put on our highest stilettos, and picked up some quick New York Accents. The words "jerk off" snuck into my vocabulary a few times above average.


My friend Kate and I eventually got onto the Pong table, and we housed these two brothers. It was SO much fun because we went two out of three and got them when we both made the last cup in one turn. I love when we beat guys because nobody expects a team of girls to be decent, but Kate and I are a diesel team. Last year's devotion to TKE parties and my ex-boyfriend as my permanent partner last year taught me a few things about how to play. I'm still not daring enough to do death cups and anything too crazy, but I'll throw in the occasional bounce to prove that I don't completely suck.

The drama went down when we left ZBT and went to a friend's house who was having a party.

It was a BIG party and a ton of TKE guys were there. I used to be great friends with all these people when I was still with my ex-boyfriend, and unsurprisingly, he was there too. However, my good friends, including one I've been having a minor fling with, were DJing this party. In my drunken stupor, I was a little overly flirtatious with this boy and it definitely pissed of The Ex. He asked me if that was me and I adamantly denied it, so hopefully he believed me because I truly don't want to ruffle any feathers and was just trying to have a good time. However, it was nice to see all of the guys I used to spend 90% of my time with. Breaking up with the ex was hard because I had become part of his circle of friends in his fraternity, and I knew my friend network was really going to change when he wasn't in my life anymore. And it did. I missed all those guys so much, not to say that I'm not completely happy with the friends I have now. Everything worked out in the end.

I'm pooped this weekend, so I just plan to kind of kick back and watch the Jets game at 4 and call it a day. Have a great rest of the weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment