Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Big First Post

Hi, Welcome to my blog! I figured I will take this first post to introduce myself and the intent of this blog.

First off, my name is Becky. I will be 20 years old on January 25.


(that's me on the left, with my roommate, Kelsey, on New Year's Eve)


I am a very driven and motivated person (most of the time). I push myself very hard--sometimes maybe a little too hard-- and when I set my mind on something I want to accomplish it.

Although sometimes I can be a little wacky.



I have some pretty great friends. We have a great time together and I can always count of them when I need them. We may have our occasional spats, but we are essentially a group that will lay it all on the table and have no problem embarrassing ourselves to get a laugh.

(This is at Halloween...Jess in the front is looking quite frightening.)


I am a Psychology and Journalism double major at the University of Connecticut! Basically, I am a heartfelt Husky and I love UConn. We may not be the bost hoppin' college town around....
(yessir, that's our horse pasture. There' s a cow pasture not far away, too.)

We'll always find a way to have a good time

So, ANYWAY, what the hell is the point of some random college sophomore with no discernible distinguishing characteristics starting a blog?

Funny I should self-impose such a question.

You see, I have found that despite what people may think, a lot of college kids have something to say. About that their immediate world, about the greater spectrum, and about themselves. I realized that publishing a blog would get my voice heard, and that's all I want. I've got opinions and struggles and goals just like any other person, and the reading the humaneness of somebody else live and fail and succeed and just generally do the best she can will hopefully inspire others to do the same.

I struggle to eat well, maintain my fitness, my grades, write for the school newspaper, and maintain my social life constantly. However, it's those challenges that give me something to say, and along with realizing there is a whole WIDE world outside of myself, I hope that you will be willing to grow and learn with me.

So that's me in a nutshell! Thanks for listening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment