Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Pitt Game

U-C-O-N-N, UConn! UConn! UConn!

Ok, we lost, but it was still a fun game.


There was a point when we were winning by one, but we couldn't quite pull it off. Luckily we were plenty entertained, though, because a friend decided get into a fistfight with the group behind us. The two went plowing into the row in front of us (he dragged the kid above us two rows down), security was called, it was good stuff.

There were plenty of happy moments though and this was one of them. Aren't my friends adorable?


I was so ridiculously excited to see all of my friends from school though. It makes me really want to get back asap.


Tonight is my last night hanging out with some of my friends from Friendly's. I'd love to drink and spend the night with all of them, but I'm pooped from last night. I spent the night and I do NOT sleep well in random beds. Something about being in the comfort of my own bed helps me fall asleep.

On another note, if you haven't been living in a hole you've probably heard about the earthquake that hit Haiti on Tuesday. Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere and now these people are left without food, water, or medical assistance and are forced to fend for themselves while rescue attempts through their ports prove futile. Please, PLEASE if you have the means, visit:

http://www.yele.org/: this is Wyclef Jean's site for Haitian Relief, originally set up about five years ago to develop this massively struggling country.

or even text (something that takes two seconds) the word "Haiti" to 90999 and you will make a $10 donation for Haiti relief that will be billed to your phone (this was on Ellen Degeneres).

As Americans, we can't imagine what its like to be in a medical emergency and not have a policeman, fireman, or ambulance come to our aid immediately. This isn't the case with these people. They lie on the streets for days alongside corpses and others slowly dying simply hoping that someone will rescue them. Any donation helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment