Friday, January 15, 2010

I call bulls***

I slept until about 11:15 today, total abnormal for me but I've been so sleep deprived in the last two days. I slept HORRIBLE after the Pitt Game and then I came home and passed out from about 4-6 PM. Then I went straight back out to a friend's house from work. I knew I didn't want to spend the night there, so I started sobering up at a certain point and drove home at about 3:30, finally getting in the door and collapsing into my own bed around 4 a.m. I really can't wait to get back to school and walk home and pass out in a bed and not have to drive.


Anyone seen the new Self Magazine? Jessica Alba's on the cover.

She talks a lot about fitness and stuff, and how she's lovin' her cellulite and stretch marks after popping out a baby. Good for her, but what really ticked me off was that she said she didn't work out really or watch what she ate. She said:

“Diets are for the birds. I think you have to eat in a way that makes you feel your best. I include a lot of vegetables and lean protein and fruit and grains in my diet. I’m not a big workout person. Every single day, I tell my girlfriends we’re starting a regimen. And then it’s, like, ‘Want to get dinner? Want a glass of wine?’”

Jessica, I am calling total bullshit on your ass. Maybe now you're pounding pudding cups with your baby (although I highly doubt it), but don't try to convince the general public that you have--nor never had--an eating regimen. She had an eating disorder when she was younger and was basically eating yogurt and lettuce when she was getting in shape for "Fantastic Four". Women don't eat whatever they want and look like her, and it's a false message to tell them that.

So many celebrities try to convince the general public that they just look the way they do because they got lucky and have good genes. That may be part of it, but we're not stupid. Your personal trainer, chef, life coach, and therapist (not to mention the insane pressure of daily public scrutiny) are keeping your ass in shape. If I had the money to pay someone to follow me and slap the donut out of my hand, I'd look that good too.

So there, Jessica. I'm on to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment