Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Bye Bye, UConn

Well, my last exam is tomorrow and then it's goodbye to UConn. Every time summer rolls around I get a little sad. I LOVE school to death, and summer just isn't the same. I don't have that friends at home that some other people have because I didn't go to public school, so summer to me equals working, interning, and hanging out with parents a lot. I go out, but I just miss school so much when I'm there and it's not the same.

Two weekends ago was the infamous spring weekend here, and this picture pretty much sums it up.

Yup, a little messy. But amazingly fun. Saturday I had to wake up and play Oozeball, which is basically a weird form of volleyball in the mud. Seriously, your feet are submereg about 8 inches in a goopy muddy mess. My friends went balls-out for it, so I barely touched the ball.

On Monday I realized my team was in the paper. This picture also pretty much sums up how it went down. I stood on the side and looked bored, while the guys went nuts. I still had a great time, but hey, it was spring weekend and I was ready to continue with the festivities, not sit around in the mud all day.

This year was such a series of ups and downs. I broke up with my boyfriend, experienced the wonderfulness of being single, got seriously into running, and am learning to accept who I am. Yeah, my grades weren't stellar this semester, but classes were hard and I had so much fun. I definitely would not take back any of this year because I met so many new people and made so many amazing friends. Living in an apartment next year is going to be amazing, but I'll miss this dorm a lot. I'm making myself sad just thinking about leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment